Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Can't get connected to Flightgear multiplayer servers  Topic is solved

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Can't get connected to Flightgear multiplayer servers

Postby travlemon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Hello,

I am still a bit new to Flightgear, and still learning. I am having some problems getting connected to any of the multiplayer servers. I have tried multiple servers, but have been frequently trying mpserver05, as it seems more populated at the moment. Here are the steps I'm using, as referenced from the Multiplayer Guide (http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:_Multiplayer#Coping_with_abusive_behaviour):

I open up FGRun and select my aircraft and airport as normal. Then, on the config page, I check the box to enable AI Models also check the Multiplayer box. In the hostname field, I fill out mpserver05.flightgear.org and use port 5000 in the In and Out fields. Then, I simply run the game as I normally would.

I chose the San Francisco airport because it seems to be the most populated, and it would help me identify whether I'm connected and seeing other pilots or not. When I get into the game, I see no other aircraft, though the MP Map shows there are planes at the airport I'm at. Also, if I choose Multiplayer>Pilots, it says there are 0 pilots, and I also don't see my call sign showing up on the MP Map.

I think I've pretty much verified that I'm not getting connected, but can somebody help me try to identify what I'm doing wrong? I also tried addressing the host name as http://mpserver05.flightgear.org, with no luck. Additionally, for good practice, I forwarded port 5000 to the IP address of the machine I'm trying to make the connection from.

My specs are:
Graphics: Nvidia 9600M GT
Memory: 4GB
Flightgear version 2.4.0

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I got a chance to try some more things. Disabling my router's firewall had no effect. Also, I noticed that in the menu Multiplayer>Multiplayer Settings, it reports that I am connected to the server. As mentioned above, I am on what appears to be an empty "server" though I tried connecting to several that MP Map shows people flying around in.
travlemon

Re: Can't get connected to Flightgear multiplayer servers  

Postby travlemon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:34 am

I have found a solution here on the forums, after a bit of research. For anyone who may need it, here's a link to the thread where I found the fix:

http://flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13433
travlemon

Re: Can't get connected to Flightgear multiplayer servers

Postby Pablun » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:24 pm

THANK YOU !!!!

It was obvious, but i have had so many problems to get coneccted with mi fg 2.4.0 in win7, that i dont check this setup at my linux ubuntu becouse i thougth it was imposible for me to connect. Now fg multiplay works, and better than in win7.
Pablun

Return to Multiplayer