Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

FG TRACKER by Ahven

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: FG TRACKER by Ahven

Postby Hazuki » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Oh yes my fault. I forgot to start up the fgtracker updating service :oops: . Now everything should be fine now.
Hazuki

Callsign: Quofei
IRC name: Hazuki

Postby F-VEBR » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Hazuki wrote in Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm:Oh yes my fault. I forgot to start up the fgtracker updating service :oops: .....

A good pilot is an alive pilot. -> Building the On This Day in Aviation History <-
F-VEBR

Callsign: F-VEBR
Version: 2_8_0_5

Postby Johan G » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:54 am

Since sometimes yesterday (April 6th) I have not been able access the tracker history (located at http://mpserver15.flightgear.org/modules/fgtracker/) or the multiplayer server status page (located at http://mpserver15.flightgear.org/mpserverstatus/). :(

EDIT: Oops! Accidentally edited out a former error report, instead of making a copy of it. :(

EDIT2: It is up and working today (April 8th). :D
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Johan G » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Somehow the tracker is currently not tracking mpserver01, which causes that only about a tenth of the pilots gets tracked compared to usual. :(
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Postby Hazuki » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Hazuki

Postby Johan G » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Next problem. :wink:

Opened the tracker page about 12:55 UTC, and found it to my surprise stating that it tracked +400 pilots!! (The server status page listed about 30 pilots, so did mpmap02).

After copying the list of tracked pilots and sorting them I found no doublets and opening some 10 pilot tracks did not reveal anything odd (like already finished tracks).
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Postby Hazuki » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Yes, currently finished flight are not removed from "Tracking pilots". I believe it's due to bugs in new fgms as it never happened before. I am working on fixing the data but it should take me a week or two.

Another workaround is force closing all flights but you know, fgms network always have flights. Force closing all flights will lead to some tracking flights be closed too.
Hazuki

Postby Johan G » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Johan G wrote in Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm:...found it to my surprise stating that it tracked +400 pilots!!

Seems to work ok now. :D

Only issue currently is that it tracks ~ 30 clients, while mpserver01 has ~ 50 clients of which ~20 are local. There's going on with the mpservers, adding up all local clients on the server status page doesn't even get to half of the total clients, normally it would look more plausible.
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Postby Hazuki » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 am

Johan G wrote in Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:25 pm:
Johan G wrote in Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm:...found it to my surprise stating that it tracked +400 pilots!!

...Only issue currently is that it tracks ~ 30 clients, while mpserver01 has ~ 50 clients of which ~20 are local. There's going on with the mpservers, adding up all local clients on the server status page doesn't even get to half of the total clients, normally it would look more plausible.

OS is working on the tracking issue but apparently he meets a glich. Currently, because of the bugs, he has no choice but switching off the tracking function of mpserver01. He is working hard to get the issue fixed but mpserver01 will not be tracked until the fix is done.

For those who really want their flights be tracked, recommended servers are mpserver14, mpserver15 and mpserver05, depending on their geometric location.
Hazuki

Previous

Return to Multiplayer