Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

scenery problems  Topic is solved

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

scenery problems

Postby doedje » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:38 am

Hi there,

I am new to FG, downloaded everything yesterday...
FG itself runs smooth when using KSFO, but since I live in the Netherlands I wanted to add 'the rest of the world'
using the 'Install Add-on Data' button in the gui launcher resulted in an error (which wasn't very descriptive, something in the line of 'could not.....')
So I added the e000n50 dir to my FG_ROOT/Scenery/Terrain dir manually.... Startef FG, water all over....
So I used the TerraSync option in the launcher..... water....
What am I doing wrong here?
(I am using 2.8.0, flying from EHAM in te default cessna)
doedje

FIXED!: scenery problems  

Postby doedje » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Okay, I fixed it... it was all about directories.... =]

the e000n50 folder from the scenery download contains an object folder and a terrain folder in both of them you'll find another e000n50 folder that should be put in the corresponding object and terrain folder... so far for manually installing the whole world... but i can fly over the netherlands and neighboring countries now... =]
doedje

Re: scenery problems

Postby someguy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Don't bother adding scenery manually. Just enable Terrasync in the Launcher and let FG fetch what it needs on the fly. If you find yourself in featureless ocean, do something else for a few minutes while Terrasync installs the missing scenery. Due to server loads, sometimes it's slower than normal, but it will get there eventually.

The 'Install Add-on Data' button will open aircraft or scenery files you've downloaded, and put their contents in the right places automatically.
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Re: scenery problems

Postby doedje » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 am

Thanx for your reply... (new user on the forum, notifications was off by default)

I will try having more patience with the TerraSync. But on the other hand I don't mind having the whole world on my hd, since I find myself in offline situations quite often =]
doedje

Return to Mac