Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

FlightFear 2.8.0 wont start on Mac OS X - Console log

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

FlightFear 2.8.0 wont start on Mac OS X - Console log

Postby connorslack » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi,

Just downloaded this sim, and did the install as normal, but accidentally clicked on the flight gear from the mounted file(.dmg file). I have since removed the program and reinstalled it. Still though, the pesky little app icon just continuously bounces helplessly up and down on my dock. I have searched for around hour now on the fourms for the same

I am running OS X 10.6.8

Here is the console error log.
12-10-08 2:24:38 PM FlightGear[62447] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x208ab0 of class NSThread autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

Any help? Thanks.

*NOTE** It JUST opened up after typing this email out. NOW my new issue is that no matter what aircraft, or airport i select, the screen that pops up is just a simple HUD and water.

Any ideas?
connorslack

Re: FlightFear 2.8.0 wont start on Mac OS X - Console log

Postby Johan G » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:40 pm

It seems that FlightGear doesn't find aircraft or scenery.

While I'm not using a Mac, the FlightGear launcher should probably have a page or tab in which you can set paths to the aircraft and scenery folders. Note that there might be multiple scenery folders, usually Scenery and TerraSync.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Philosopher » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 am

Actually, the Mac launcher doesn't have scenery and aircraft paths for some reason. @connorslack: Have you tried KSFO? What about hitting 'v' to switch views? Try the f-14 maybe...
Philosopher

Postby VicMar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:55 am

Without being a harbinger of doom, there are still a lot of unanswered problems with the Mac version of 2.8.

I would suggest you dump 2.8 and get 2.6 r319. ( http://macflightgear.sourceforge.net/home/downloads/ ) This is a stable version and apart from a lot of bells and whistles in 2.8 which Mac users can't use without a big loss of frame rate, is perfectly adequate IMHO.

Cheers,
Vic
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby Peteguam » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 am

FWIW, I'm using 2.8 on my Mac Pro and have had no problems with it. The launcher gives me aircraft and location selections, etc. and use of the command line.

Oops, come to think about what I just said, I had to re-install it completely once. I had it installed on the desktop but moved it the 2nd time to the applications folder. Then I created an alias for it on the desktop.

I'm on 10.7. Maybe try the 2.6 download as suggested and see what happens. Good luck.
Mac Pro, Dual Core 2.66, 11 GB ram, OSX 10.7
Peteguam

Version: 2.8

Return to Mac