Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

Fixed -Cannot get Scenery to work iMac 27 with Mountian Lion

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

Fixed -Cannot get Scenery to work iMac 27 with Mountian Lion

Postby Fire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:04 am

Hi guys,

Newbie trying to get things to work and for some reason the Scenery is not loading, I get water no matter which airport I select. The first time I started flight it worked as it was teh default airport but since then nothing. I used the INSTALL ADD-ONS and it said that the installation was completed successfully and I have checked the dir and all the files appear to be there.

Dir is /Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data/Scenery

There are three sub Dir's - Airports, Objects and Terrain. In the Objects Dir it has 4 sub dir that match the download files e1030s40, e140s40, e150s40 and I guess the default w130n30. In these there are more sub dirs.

Computer specs, I5, 16GB RAM, 1GB HDD.

Also where do I find the mouse configuration, I have just ordered the Saitek Joystick and Pedals and have been using the keyboard but would like to try the ouse but cannot find where I select it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Last edited by Fire on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire

Re: Cannot get Scenery to work on iMac 27 with Mountian Lion

Postby Philosopher » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:10 am

Welcome, Fire!

I'm afraid I can't help you much with the scenery, other than restarting the launcher, making sure the airport is in the scenery you downloaded and installed, and maybe checking around the airport you think should be there with the UFO or Bluebird (available from the aircraft downloads page) which will allow you to zoom around flightgear. Don't worried if you don't see anything once you start flightgear with the UFO, it has no cockpit on purpose! Switching views with "v" will assure you that it's still there ;).

As for mouse control, simply right click once for controls (aileron and elevator), right click again to control view (left click to reset view in that mode), and right click again to release the mouse and go back to "normal" mode. For more info, see our Official Manual. Also note that while in the second mode, you can hold down the left button to control rudder and the middle button (if you have one) to control throttle. If you have a magic mouse, there are some applications that can give you a middle click, e.g. while holding three fingers on the case.
Philosopher

Postby Fire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:35 am

just downloaded the image again and reinstalled and now it is really weird. I have left everything as default but when I start the flight I get what look like wire frame of an airport at the top of the screen and water about 3/4 of the way up. There are also jets falling in to the airport vertically.

Really strange.

Cheers
Fire

Postby VicMar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:02 am

Hi Fire,

There is definitely a problem running Version 2.8 on my iMac. I use OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, and TerraSync doesn't appear to work at all. That would explain why you cannot get scenery anywhere other than the default airport.

The vertical aircraft dropping down are AI aircraft. Again there is a known bug, but I don't know if anyone is working on that.

I have flagged this up to the person who is doing the Mac versions whilst Tat is not available. He is tied up with other things at the moment, so I guess we will have to use 2.6 until a solution is found.

Cheers,
Vic
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby Fire » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:55 am

Thanks for your help guys but I have found the issue. If you tick Download Scenery it does not work.

Also note that X11 is not included in Mountain Lion.

Cheers
Fire

Return to Mac