Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

FlightGear real weather working?

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

FlightGear real weather working?

Postby Lightman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I have the latest version of FlightGear (2.0.0-r284), but I can't seem to get real weather working. I know there were problems with it before, so is it me, or still the problem persists? lol

Cheers

Lightman
Lightman

Re: FlightGear real weather working?

Postby redneck » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:33 pm

It works. Just needs a slight fix since you're not using recent Git. A simple search of the forum would have gotten you here.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby someguy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:09 am

Yes, 2.0 requires running a proxy, and probably some experimentation to find a working server. But the problem goes away if you use the latest git build from the Mac FlightGear page. I find it more stable than 2.0 was, with some nice new features. Some of the older planes won't work, though, until their authors get on the stick and update them.
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby gral » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:34 pm

someguy wrote in Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:09 am:Yes, 2.0 requires running a proxy, and probably some experimentation to find a working server. But the problem goes away if you use the latest git build from the Mac FlightGear page. I find it more stable than 2.0 was, with some nice new features. Some of the older planes won't work, though, until their authors get on the stick and update them.

And just to add, current FGx 2.3.0rc1 for OSX (with built-in FlightGear) supports real weather fetch too. When you are on OSX >= 10.5 you can use FGx to get a git snapshot (from one week ago). 8). Or you download FGx, then a OSX hudson build and recent fgdata from gitorious, then you get your own recent snapshot, launchable with FGx and real weather.

-gral

(FGx is not that stable of course and in development stage. And gral is probably advertising for FGx too much at the moment, but he needs some testers on OSX, and advertising should stop soon because some mac users will discover it for themselves) 8)
gral

Callsign: HB-GRAL
Version: GIT

Return to Mac