Board index FlightGear Support

How do I determine if my version of FG is CVS or not??

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

How do I determine if my version of FG is CVS or not??

Postby redneck » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 pm

I have a quick question: How do I know if my version of FG is CVS or not? I have one of Fred's Windows binaries (v.1.9.1), and I'm thinking of adding some files necessary to simulate upper atmospheric winds (e.g. jetstreams, etc.). I haven't had much time to work with it with my classes dominating most of my time, but the wiki said that I have to have the CVS version. I just don't want to guess and spend hours adding the necessary files just to get nowhere.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Re: What aircraft standout in FlightGear?

Postby HHS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:42 pm

redneck wrote:I have a quick question: How do I know if my version of FG is CVS or not? I have one of Fred's Windows binaries (v.1.9.1), and I'm thinking of adding some files necessary to simulate upper atmospheric winds (e.g. jetstreams, etc.). I haven't had much time to work with it with my classes dominating most of my time, but the wiki said that I have to have the CVS version. I just don't want to guess and spend hours adding the necessary files just to get nowhere.

??

Did you read "http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/Keeping_FlightGear_(win32)_up_to_date_without_compiling" in the wiki?
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby stuart » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:55 pm

Can you remember if you downloaded a single install image that contained both the binaries and the data? If so, then you have the v1.9.1 release. Otherwise, you've got an old CVS binary.

Either way, if you want to keep up to date with the latest developments, I'd suggest just downloading a new binary, and using TortoiseCVS to get the latest data.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby redneck » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:14 pm

I checked out the wiki, but I still wasn't sure. When I downloaded FGFS, it came with FGRun and terrasync. I also had this other program to instal. I can't remember what it was something-AL. I don't remember what it was for either. I got it from the official website under download for Windows. I'll have to look into getting the latest CVS version later, probably during the summer when I have more free time, so I can safely manipulate files without having to rush and make any stupid mistakes.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby AndersG » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:17 pm

redneck wrote:I have a quick question: How do I know if my version of FG is CVS or not? I have one of Fred's Windows binaries (v.1.9.1), and I'm thinking of adding some files necessary to simulate upper atmospheric winds (e.g. jetstreams, etc.). I haven't had much time to work with it with my classes dominating most of my time, but the wiki said that I have to have the CVS version. I just don't want to guess and spend hours adding the necessary files just to get nowhere.

If you are referring to
http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/Ho ... aloft_data
it says you have to make a small change to the FlightGear source and recompile, i.e. you can't try that without building FG from source.

Btw. try to remember the date of the archive when you install one of Fred's FlightGear/CVS snapshots, e.g. by keeping the archive you installed (as it has the creation date in its filename).

[edit]From your later post it sounds like you have 1.9.1 (or maybe 1.9.0).[/edit]

/Anders
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Return to Support