Board index FlightGear Support

not enough space?

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

not enough space?

Postby jimmyb » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi, I am new and have a problem with Flightgear. I am operating on a windows 7, Flightgear v2.0 Intel HD Graphics card, and the problem happens with every airplane at every airport. The problem is, the game will not load after "initalizing nasal electrical system" It then goes to "Unkown exception in main loop, aborting...possible cause, not enough space, yet I have 451 Gigs free, (Brand new laptop). The Planes load fine in the select an Aircraft section. thank you for your time.
jimmyb

Re: not enough space?

Postby Johan G » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:57 pm

jimmyb wrote in Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:29 pm:...I have 451 Gigs free, (Brand new laptop).

I would "guess" that that is the size of your hard drive. How much RAM memory does your computer have?
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube Video)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Re: not enough space?

Postby Gijs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:06 am

Are you sure you have a Intel HD card? On most netbooks (with Windows 7), NVidia has a feature called "Optimus Technology", which is meant to increase battery life, by automatically switching of the powerfull graphics card when it's not needed. However, FlightGear needs it all the time, even if Optimus says it doesn't. This miscommunication results in low framerates (because your computer will run Flightgear on the weak onboard processor).

To make use of the powerful graphics card, perform the following steps:
1. Go to the NVidia control panel. Probably located in the Windows Control Panel.
2. On the 3D Settings tab, you'll find a "Prefered graphics processor" option. Set it to NVidia.
I'm enjoying my vacation

Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400, DC-2, F-117, Jetman, L1011-500
FlightGear Liveries
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to Support