Having to explicitly ask for every bit of information makes this unnecessarily tedious, and few people will probably bother posting if they have to ask even for the most obvious information, like for example the type of graphics card, or amount of RAM.
So if you are hoping for someone to chime in trying to help you get something sorted, it's generally a good idea to provide at least the obvious information about your machine (hardware/OS/software).
So, I really have no idea if this helps at all, but here are some ideas and questions to hopefully get a better idea of might be going on:
- Were you ever before able to run the same version of FG without experiencing this problem on the same machine?
- Have you enhanced or customized any aspect of your FlightGear standard installation, such as for example by installing additional scenery or aircraft?
- Is the same problem also occuring on a fresh install of FlightGear, by just using the default settings?
- How big is your graphics card's texture memory (dedicated and shared)?
- Would all of you happen to be using a machine with a single core processor (FG/OSG uses much more threading than FG/plib did)?
- Are all users who are affected by this problem using ATI cards?
- If so, which ATI cards specifically?
- Is this problem even occuring (or in any way affected) when you start up in areas without any scenery at all (ocean, just startup in an area without installed scenery) and a simple aircraft like the UFO?
- Is the loading time in any way related to having AI traffic enabled or disabled?